Culinary Adventure in Tuscany
May 10-17, 2018
View a short video about the culinary tour to Tuscany.
Your sojourn to the stunning Tuscany country side is an opportunity to experience the local culture. Walk among the fields of poppies as Tuscany welcomes spring. You'll meet small producers of artisan foods and wine of the region. Spark you imagination with the hands-on cooking classes that focus on the best of Tuscan cuisine, using local ingredients. Tuscany in the spring is special. Enjoy sipping Chianti or a Super Tuscan wine that pairs perfectly with the local food. Nowhere else in Italy, offers the spectacular scenery, incredible food and wines in such a compact area. Most importantly you will meet the people of Italy-the true heart of the country. Join me at the Tuscan table filled with food, laughter and memories.
• Week-long immersion in Tuscan food traditions. Learning about truffles, extra-virgin olive oil, Chianti wine, saffron, and cheese.
• Join a truffle hunter and his dog for an early morning hunt for elusive truffles
• Wine education and tastings
• Truffle cooking class in Certaldo with local chef
• Hands-on cooking classes
• Dinner in Panzano at the best restaurant for bistecca alla Fiorentina.
• Visit to a local olive oil producer
• Accommodations are a beautifully restored country home surrounded by gardens.
• All meals (including local wine), travel services with the tour itinerary, service charges and VAT
Arrive in Florence where you will meet-up with the driver and transfer to our country estate; ideally located in the heart of Chianti on a hilltop with panoramic views of the surrounding countryside.
* Benvenuti and welcome to Tuscany - Aperitivo with antipasti.
* Traditional Tuscan family dinner at our country house
San Miniato a full day adventure
* First stop is the Greve farmers' market
* Visit a few of my favorite Slow Food artisans in the medieval town of San Miniato
* Visit to a small family olive mill
* Hands on cooking class and dinner.
A 'Slow Day' in Greve and Montefioralle
* In the morning we hike from Greve to Montefioralle one of the most beautiful villages in Italy for a wine tasting.
* Lunch will be enjoyed at a local restaurant.
* Visit one of the oldest family butchers in Italy.
* This evening enjoy a hands on cooking class followed by dinner.
Florentine Bistecca dinner in Panzano
* Hands-on cooking class with Julie.
* Light lunch (local wine included)
* Chianti wine tasting
* Panzano-visit Antica Macelleria Cecchini dinner at Officina della Bistecca.
Farm and goat cheese maker, wine tasting and cooking class
* Visit a local goat farm; learn the process of making artisan goat cheese.
lunch at the farm.
* After lunch we head to a boutique winery for a wine tasting
* Hands on cooking class with Julie.
* Dinner at our country house in Greve.
Truffle Hunt and cooking class in Certaldo
* Drive through the Tuscan countryside to Certaldo. Meet with our private tartufaio (truffle hunter) and his dog at a secret location to hunt** for truffles. After the truffle hunt join
Chef Giuseppina for a cooking class followed by lunch paired with local wines.
skyline of 14 medieval towers.
*Time permitting we'll visit UNESCO World Heritage site: San Gimignano the ultimate walled hill town with its towers grew into the world's most photogenic examples of one.
* Light seasonal dinner at our country house in Greve.
**If it is raining at the time of the hunt another activity will be substituted.
Market tour of Florence
* Florence: Guided culinary walking tour including Mercato Centrale for tasting and shopping and lunch at a trattoria, plus tastings along the way.
* There's free time for shopping or exploring Florence.
After breakfast we'll say arrivederci. Taking new experiences, friendships, and cooking skills for friends at home.
Transportation is provided for you to Florence airport or Florence train station.
$4100 Price per person based on double occupancy
$4500 Price for a single room
Prices include: accommodations, three meals per day, all cooking instruction, tours, tastings, and ground transportation during the program. Airfare is not included. Prices subject to change without notice.
Deposits and Payment Information
A $1,500 deposit per person is required to reserve your space. A reservation will not be considered confirmed until we receive the deposit, reservation form and have a minimum of 6 reservations.
To reserve your spot contact Julie for the reservation form--fill it out, and return it to Julie along with your deposit to 1039 La Quinta Ct., Napa, California 94559.
8 days of la dolce vita is limited to 10 guests.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Julie for check for availability @ 707.227.5036.
Create your own private Tuscan Table trip from $4,100 per person, 6 person minimum for 8 days and 7 nights.
Please note that accommodations for special food needs may not be possible.
Please contact Julie@cookingwithJulie for accommodation information.
Transportation & Transfers: Airfare is not included. From/to Florence Train Station or Florence Airport is included.
You can reserve your own private Tuscan trip from $4,100 per person based on double occupancy a minimum of 6 people is required.
Disclaimer: The abundance and presence of specific truffle species cannot be guaranteed and are very much dependent on nature and on specific conditions at the time of the forage.
Register now via PayPal by clicking on the PayPal button. You don't need a PayPal account to use PayPal.
This is an experience you don’t want to miss. Share it with someone special to create a memory of a lifetime.
Passports & Visas
A valid passport is required of all participants. It must be valid at least 3 months after date of return to the U.S. The name on your reservation must match the name on your passport. Non-U.S. citizens must consult with the appropriate consulates to determine if any visas are needed.
It is suggested that all passengers, regardless of the passport they hold, check with the appropriate consulates of the countries being visited to determine if any visas are needed.