Culinary Adventure in Tuscany
This tour is currently sold out. Please contact Julie to be placed on the waiting list.
May 5 - 12, 2020
8 days / 7 nights
View a short video about the culinary tour to Tuscany.
Your sojourn to the stunning Tuscany countryside is an opportunity to experience the local culture. Walk among the fields of poppies as Tuscany welcomes spring. You'll meet small producers of artisan foods and wine of the region. Spark your imagination with the hands-on cooking classes. The cooking classes focus on local Tuscan cuisine.
Tuscany in the spring is special with the wildflowers and vineyards in bloom. Enjoy the view sipping Chianti or a Super Tuscan wine that pairs perfectly with the local food. Nowhere else in Italy, offers spectacular scenery, incredible food, and wines in such a compact area. Most importantly you will meet the people of Italy-the true heart of the country. Join me at the Tuscan table filled with food, laughter, and memories.
• Week-long immersion in Tuscan food traditions. Learning about truffles, extra-virgin olive oil, Chianti wine, saffron, and local cheese.
• Join a truffle hunter and his dog for an early morning hunt for elusive truffles.
• Truffle cooking class in Certaldo with a local chef
• 5 Hands-on cooking classes
• Wine education and tastings
• Dinner in Panzano at the best restaurant for bistecca alla Fiorentina.
• Visit a local olive oil producer
• Accommodations are a beautifully restored country home surrounded by gardens.
• All meals (including local wine), travel services with the tour itinerary, service charges and VAT
In our culinary trips, you can expect to be joined by a group of like-minded people, who share your passion for Italian food and traditions - including solo travelers, couples and friends traveling together. This trip is recommended for travelers aged 18 and above.
The Tuscan Table in Springtime
US$4,500/pp (Double Occupancy)
A deposit of US$1,500/pp due at the time of booking to secure your places.
To avoid the booking fee of 3% you may pay me using PayPal or Venmo.
Arrive in Florence where you will meet-up with the driver and transfer to our country estate; ideally located in the heart of Chianti on a hilltop with panoramic views of the surrounding countryside.
• Benvenuti and welcome to Tuscany
This evening the merriment begins with aperitivi with antipasti followed by a welcome dinner at our country estate.
San Miniato a full day adventure
• Visit a couple of my favorite Slow Food artisans in the medieval town of San Miniato; 5th generation artisan bakery and a butcher shop (macelleria) that's been in the family for 4 generations.
• Visit a charming olive oil producer for our private degustazione (tasting)
• Hands-on cooking class and dinner.
A 'Slow Day' in Greve and magical Montefioralle
• We begin our day with a shopping tour of the Greve farmers' market
• We hike from Greve to Montefioralle one of the most beautiful villages in Italy for a wine tasting.
• Lunch will be enjoyed at a local restaurant tucked in the hillside.
• Visit one of the oldest family butchers in Italy.
• This evening join in the hands-on cooking class followed by dinner.
Florentine Bistecca dinner in Panzano
• Hands-on cooking class with Julie.
• Light lunch (local wine included)
• Chianti wine tasting
• Panzano-visit Antica Macelleria Cecchini dinner at Officina della Bistecca.
Farm and goat cheese maker, wine tasting and cooking class
• Visit a local goat farm; learn the process of making artisan goat cheese plus lunch at the farm.
• After lunch, we head to a boutique winery for a wine tasting
• Hands-on cooking class with Julie.
• Dinner at our country house in Greve.
Truffle Hunt and cooking class in Certaldo
• Experience first-hand the art of truffle hunting. A tartufaio (truffle hunter) and his specially trained dog will take us on a hunt for rare and delicious truffles at a secret location to hunt for truffles*.
After the truffle hunt, we drive through the Tuscan countryside to Certaldo. In Certaldo we meet Chef Giuseppina for a cooking class where we prepare piatti tipici (typical Tuscan dishes) followed by lunch paired with wine.
• Light seasonal dinner at our country house in Greve.
Market tour of Florence
• Florence: Guided culinary walking tour tasting delicacies of Florence plus a visit to Mercato Centrale and chocolate master. We'll stop for lunch at a trattoria, plus tastings along the way.
• There's free time for shopping or exploring Florence.
• Farewell dinner in Greve.
After breakfast, we'll say arrivederci. Taking new experiences, friendships, and cooking skills for friends at home.
Transportation is provided for you to Florence airport or Florence train station.
$4,500/per person based on double occupancy
Prices include accommodations, three meals per day, all cooking instruction, tours, tastings, and ground transportation during the program. Airfare is not included. Prices are subject to change without notice.
Deposits and Payment Information
When you are ready to book you can pay by credit card, Venmo, PayPal or send a check for $1,500 per person to 1039 La Quinta Ct., Napa, CA 94559.
Your deposit will be refunded if the minimum of 6 guests is not reached. The deadline to sign-up is March 5, 2020.
To reserve your spot contact Julie for the reservation form--fill it out, and return it to Julie along with your deposit to 1039 La Quinta Ct., Napa, California 94559.
8 days of la dolce vita is limited to 10 guests.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Julie to check for availability at 707.227.5036.
Create your own private Tuscan Table trip from $4,500 per person, 6 person minimum for 8 days and 7 nights.
Please note: accommodations for special food needs (vegan, gluten and dairy-free diets) may not be possible.
To fully enjoy this tour you need to be comfortable on your feet with brisk two-hour walking tours, climbing lots of stairs, hopping on and off public transportation, plus standing and walking for up to four hours inside and outdoors in all weather conditions.
Guests requiring help must be accompanied by an able companion who can be entirely responsible for providing assistance.
Due to the nature of this trip, we are not ADA compliant, and we cannot accept guests requiring accessibility.
Please contact Julie@cookingwithJulie for accommodation information.
Transportation & Transfers: Airfare is not included. From/to Florence Train Station or Florence Airport is included.
*The truffle hunt will take place weather permitting. The abundance and presence of specific truffle species cannot be guaranteed and are very much dependent on nature and on specific conditions at the time of the forage.
This is an experience you don’t want to miss. Share it with someone special to create a memory of a lifetime.