Culinary Adventure in Tuscany
May 5 - 12, 2020
8 days / 7 nights
View a short video about the culinary tour to Tuscany.
Your sojourn to the stunning Tuscany country side is an opportunity to experience the local culture. Walk among the fields of poppies as Tuscany welcomes spring. You'll meet small producers of artisan foods and wine of the region. Spark your imagination with the hands-on cooking classes. The cooking classes focus on the local Tuscan cuisine.
Tuscany in the spring is special with the wild flowers and vineyards in bloom. Enjoy the view sipping Chianti or a Super Tuscan wine that pairs perfectly with the local food. Nowhere else in Italy, offers the spectacular scenery, incredible food and wines in such a compact area. Most importantly you will meet the people of Italy-the true heart of the country. Join me at the Tuscan table filled with food, laughter and memories.
• Week-long immersion in Tuscan food traditions. Learning about truffles, extra-virgin olive oil, Chianti wine, saffron, and local cheese.
• Join a truffle hunter and his dog for an early morning hunt for elusive truffles.
• Wine education and tastings
• Truffle cooking class in Certaldo with local chef
• Hands-on cooking classes
• Dinner in Panzano at the best restaurant for bistecca alla Fiorentina.
• Visit to a local olive oil producer
• Accommodations are a beautifully restored country home surrounded by gardens.
• All meals (including local wine), travel services with the tour itinerary, service charges and VAT
Arrive in Florence where you will meet-up with the driver and transfer to our country estate; ideally located in the heart of Chianti on a hilltop with panoramic views of the surrounding countryside.
* Benvenuti and welcome to Tuscany
This evening the merriment begins with aperitivi with antipasti followed by a welcome dinner at our country estate.
San Miniato a full day adventure
* Visit a couple of my favorite Slow Food artisans in the medieval town of San Miniato; 5th generation artisan bakery and a butcher shop (macelleria) that's been in the family for 4 generations.
* Visit to a charming olive oil producer for our private degustazione (tasting)
* Hands on cooking class and dinner.
A 'Slow Day' in Greve and magical Montefioralle
* First shop in the Greve farmers' market
* We hike from Greve to Montefioralle one of the most beautiful villages in Italy for a wine tasting.
* Lunch will be enjoyed at a local restaurant tucked in the hillside.
* Visit one of the oldest family butchers in Italy.
* This evening enjoy a hands on cooking class followed by dinner.
Florentine Bistecca dinner in Panzano
* Hands-on cooking class with Julie.
* Light lunch (local wine included)
* Chianti wine tasting
* Panzano-visit Antica Macelleria Cecchini dinner at Officina della Bistecca.
Farm and goat cheese maker, wine tasting and cooking class
* Visit a local goat farm; learn the process of making artisan goat cheese plus
lunch at the farm.
* After lunch we head to a boutique winery for a wine tasting
* Hands on cooking class with Julie.
* Dinner at our country house in Greve.
Truffle Hunt and cooking class in Certaldo
* Drive through the Tuscan countryside to Certaldo. Meet with our private tartufaio (truffle hunter) and his dog at a secret location to hunt for truffles weather permitting. After the truffle hunt we join Chef Giuseppina for a cooking class where we prepare piatti tipici, typical Tuscan dishes followed by lunch paired with their wines.
* Light seasonal dinner at our country house in Greve.
Market tour of Florence
* Florence: Guided culinary walking tour tasting delicacies of Florence plus a visit to Mercato Centrale and chocolate master. We'll stop for lunch at a trattoria, plus tastings along the way.
* There's free time for shopping or exploring Florence.
* Farewell dinner in Greve.
After breakfast we'll say arrivederci. Taking new experiences, friendships, and cooking skills for friends at home.
Transportation is provided for you to Florence airport or Florence train station.
$4500 Price per person based on double occupancy
$5000 Price for a single room
Prices include: accommodations, three meals per day, all cooking instruction, tours, tastings, and ground transportation during the program. Airfare is not included. Prices are subject to change without notice.
Deposits and Payment Information
When you are ready to book you can send your deposit by check of $1,500 per person to: 1039 La Quinta Ct.
Napa, CA 94559.
A reservation will not be considered confirmed until we receive the deposit, reservation form and have a minimum of 6 reservations.
To reserve your spot contact Julie for the reservation form--fill it out, and return it to Julie along with your deposit to 1039 La Quinta Ct., Napa, California 94559.
8 days of la dolce vita is limited to 8 guests.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Julie for check for availability @ 707.227.5036.
Create your own private Tuscan Table trip from $4,500 per person, 6 person minimum for 8 days and 7 nights.
Please note: accommodations for special food needs (vegan, gluten and dairy free diets) may not be possible.
Due to the nature this trip, we are not ADA compliant, and we cannot accept guests requiring accessibility.
Please contact Julie@cookingwithJulie for accommodation information.
Transportation & Transfers: Airfare is not included. From/to Florence Train Station or Florence Airport is included.
Disclaimer: The abundance and presence of specific truffle species cannot be guaranteed and are very much dependent on nature and on specific conditions at the time of the forage.
Register now via PayPal by clicking on the PayPal button. You don't need a PayPal account to use PayPal.
This is an experience you don’t want to miss. Share it with someone special to create a memory of a lifetime.
Passports & Visas
A valid passport is required of all participants. It must be valid at least 3 months after date of return to the U.S. The name on your reservation must match the name on your passport. Non-U.S. citizens must consult with the appropriate consulates to determine if any visas are needed.
It is suggested that all passengers, regardless of the passport they hold, check with the appropriate consulates of the countries being visited to determine if any visas are needed.