Cultivate your Senses
Tuesdays and Fridays
November through April
Time: 8:45 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Discover the edible side of Napa. Learn about the region's celebrated foods and wines.
During the fall and winter months when the farmers' markets are closed Julie offers intimate tours of the Oxbow Public Market followed by a cooking class; an indoor market featuring local produce and artisan foods in downtown Napa. I'll give you tips on how to select, store, and prepare the local seasonal produce. California wines are paired with the menu. The tour is followed by a hands-on cooking class and three-course lunch featuring Napa Valley's legendary food and wine.
Savor the morning at the market browsing through the shops of magnificent produce, spices, charcuterie, meats and artisan cheeses with Chef Julie. You will see produce as you've never seen it before--plump, bursting with flavor. And you will find new and heirloom varieties of vegetables and fruits. We select seasonal produce ripe and mature the way nature intended for our meal.
After procuring the perfect local produce we head to the kitchen, where we don our aprons and learn how to build the flavor with our bounty in our recipes for the day. The hands-on class emphasizes theory and technique enabling you to cook better dishes. At the end of our work we sit down to relax and savor a wine country meal together.
You will enjoy a relaxed experience filled with inspiration; great foods paired with fine wine and have fun while developing your skills and techniques.
The Oxbow Public Market tour and cooking class is offered from November to April when the local farmers' markets are closed.
Roasted Pear Salad with Blue Cheese and Almonds
Steak with Red Wine and Shallot Butter Sauce
Pan Grilled Hen of the Woods
Russian Apple Cake with Caramel Sauce
Cauliflower Soup with Chorizo Picada
Hanger Steak with Fresh Oregano, Sage and Rosemary Rub
Potato Wedges with Romesco
Blood Orange Tart
• Oxbow Public Market Tour classes are offered on most Tuesdays and Friday.s
• The fee includes hands-on participation cooking class,3 course lunch paired with California wines, as well as a Cooking with Julie logo apron and recipe booklet.
• Check the Cooking Classes/Calendar page for available dates.
• Transportation between the various locations is not included. If you need transportation contact Julie to arrange.
• The classes start at 8:45 a.m. and finishes about 3:00 p.m.
• Class size is limited to 9 guests.
• There's plenty of free parking at the market and kitchen.
• If you wish to have someone join the meal with you but is not able to attend the class the fee is $100.
Meeting location for Oxbow Public Market at Ritual Coffee:
Oxbow Public Market
610 1st St
Napa, CA 94559-2611
"There is no better way to get to the heart of any city than through its cuisine. And that means not just eating it, but shopping for it, cooking it and beginning to understand it." Taylor Holliday, New York Times.